The Civil Code of the Russian Federation(with the Additions and Amendments of February 20, August 12, 1996,
October 24, 1997, July 8, December 17, 1999, April 16, May 15,
November 26, 2001, March 21, November 14, 26, 2002,
January 10, March 26, November 11, December 23, 2003)
Chapter 58. Gaming and Betting
Article 1062. Claims Associated with the Organization of Games and Bets and the Participation in Them
The claims of individuals and legal entities, associated with the organization of games and bets or the participation in them, shall not be subject to judicial remedy with the exception of the claims of the persons who have taken part in games or bets under the influence of the fraud, violence, threat or malicious agreement of their representative with the organizer of games or bets, and also of the claims, referred to in Item 5 of Article 1063 of this Code.
Article 1063. The Holding of Lotteries, Totalizators and Other Games by State and Municipal Bodies or With Their Permit
1. Relations between the organizers of lotteries, totalizators (mutual bets) and of other games based on risk - the Russian Federation, the subjects of the Russian Federation, the municipal bodies, the persons and for lotteries, by legal entities, who received a right to conduct such games in the procedure established by a law from the authorized state and municipal body - and the participants in games shall be based on the agreement.
2. In cases provided for by the rules for the organization of games, the agreement between the organizer and the participant in games shall be formalized by the issue of a lottery ticket, receipt or any other document, and also otherwise.
3. The offer on the conclusion of an agreement, stipulated by Item 1 of this Article, shall include the clauses on the period of holding games and the procedure for determining prizes and their amounts. In case where the organizer of games refuses to hold them within the fixed period of time the participants in games shall have the right to demand that their organizer should recover the real damage sustained as a result of the revocation of games or of the postponement of the date of the real damage.
4. Persons who in keeping with the terms of holding a lottery, totalizator or other games are recognized as those who have won them shall be paid out by the organizer of games the prizes in the amounts stipulated by the terms of their holding (in monetary terms or in kind) and on due date, and if the date is not indicated in these terms - within 10 days since the time of determining the results of the games or within another term established by a law.
5. In case of default by the organizer of games on the obligation, indicated in Item 4 of this Article, the participant who has won in the lottery or totalizator or any other games shall have the right to demand that the organizer of games should pay off the prize and also to reimburse the losses caused by the breach of the contract by the organizer.
Copyright © 2000 Open LLC